All about ‘Survivor’: Part 2
OK, I’m back with my list of Top 11 favorite players. Initially, I wrote/thought I was going to list my top 10 players, but then I thought we’re in 2011, so why not? Here I go.
(Edit: I forgot to mention that this list is based on how much I enjoyed watching each of these players, not how good I thought they were. For example, I think Boston Rob is a much better player than Eliza, but I enjoyed watching her more.)
11. Peih-Gee Law (Survivor: China). I changed my mind, that happens a lot. I used to have Yul here, but having watched some China clips on Youtube, I decided I liked her more.
10. Boston Rob (Survivor:Marquesas, Survivor:All-Stars, Survivor:Heroes vs. Villains). I reckon a lot of people would be surprised he barely made my Top 10. I agree he is a terrific player: good strategist, physically strong plus a strong social game. But the truth is, I didn’t like his arrogance in the All-Stars season and the fact he betrayed Lex.
9. Eliza Orlins (Survivor:Vanuatu, Survivor:Fans vs. Favorites). She was the one good thing that came out of Vanuatu, plus her facial expressions, eye rolls and comments in FvF were absolutely hilarious. I also thought she played a good game in Vanuatu.
8. Ozzy Lusth (Survivor: Cook Islands, Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites). I think Ozzy is the only player who I appreciate solely for his physical strength. OK, he played a good social game too (in CI), but I liked how he kept winning Immunity(again, in CI). And the love declaration to Amanda at The Final Tribal Council was awkward, but enjoyable.
7. Tom Westman (Survivor:Palau, Survivor:Heroes vs. Villains). I always thought of him as being smart and strong, but he’s not my favorite winner. As Jeff tries to imply whenever he has the chance.
6.Courtney Yates (Survivor:China, Survivor:Heroes vs. Villains). Well, I think we all know why she makes my list. It’s not for her extraordinarily physical ability(she did win one Immunity in China, though).
5. Richard Hatch (Survivor:Borneo, Survivor:All-Stars). Again, I don’t feel an explanation is needed. He was the first real player, the first winner and he shaped the game.
4.Sandra Diaz-Twine (Survivor:Pearl Islands, Survivor:Heroes vs. Villains). The only two-times winner. Of course it’s in my Top 5. The fact that she won twice, plus her awesome comments and personality are why I love her. And, she burned Russell’s hat. Bonus points!
3. Jonathan Penner (Survivor: Cook Islands, Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites). I loved him as a villain in first season and he definitely grew on me in FvF. I felt bad for him that he was evacuated from the game and wished he had been brought back for Heroes vs. Villains. Instead of Coach, for example. Or Randy.
2. Parvati Shallow (Survivor:Cook Islands, Survivor:Fans vs. Favorites, Survivor:Heroes vs. Villains). I think she may be the best player to ever play the game. She is strong physical, a great strategist and social around camp. But I didn’t like her much in CI, because of playing the flirt-card. Now (almost) every good looking girl who comes on the show, thinks that’s all it takes to win it. But apart from that, she’s really awesome.
1. Cirie Fields (Survivor:Exile Islands, Survivor:Fans vs. Favorites, Survivor:Heroes vs. Villains). I love her. I loved her from the first episode. She may not be a strong physical player, but she’s a cunning strategist, has great social skills, a bright personality, a great laugh and she’s hilarious. “If you’re like me, on the couch, stay on the couch.” Brilliant. I wish she’d lasted longer on Heroes vs Villains. I think she’s the greatest player to never win. Had it been a Final 3 in Micronesia, I believe she had a real shot.
OK folks, that’s it for now.
Who are your favorite Survivors?